vendredi 27 février 2015

Accessing new features after upgrading a license



I've been tasked with getting a dashboard going using Excel Web Access Web Parts. These weren't listed as an option, however, under the Business Data category. I accessed this menu through the series of clicks Edit Page->Insert->Web Part->Business Data, if that's in any way relevant. I assumed this was due to being under a license that didn't support the feature, and so I was reassigned to use a trial Enterprise Plan E3.


Excel Web Access still isn't displayed under the Business Data category. I thought I may need to activate the new features somehow, but either I don't have access to do so or I'm on the wrong track with that thought. The entire team is new to SharePoint, and not even the admin I've spoken with is knowledgeable enough to be of help here. My intuition tells me the admin may need to activate the feature, but he's absurdly busy with other things and I'd rather not bug him unless I was sure I needed him. So my question really is: what steps do I need to take to begin working with Excel Web Access Web Parts?


Thanks in advance!








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire