mercredi 25 février 2015

SharePoint Online 2013 - Mapping User Profile properties



Doing a proof-of-concept for management by doing a manual CSV import of a small subset of user accounts exported from AD using a Get-ADUser|Export-CSV method. They are imported using Import-CSV|New-MSOUser. Process completes without error and all the imported accounts are immediately available in SPO.


However I need map the property 'mail' to 'WorkEmail' and cannot find a way do it scriptomagically or even manually post-import. The domain of the source objects is used for extranet access and users have email addresses that differ from their domain userPrincipalName (e.g. user@mycompany.foo has a upn of user@private.domain.name). In short, their functional email addresses cannot be used for login because I cannot create accounts using domain names I don't own, so I need to map the currently defined 'mail' property (which I can export) and map it to the 'WorkEmail' SharePoint profile property.


My existing on-prem MOSS 2007 farm had the same issue when we deployed it years ago but it was an easy. From what I have read, SPO 2013 should work the same way -- yet I cannot figure it out.


I suspect this can only be done when using an active AD syncing process and is not an option when importing via CSV as I am. I am also a bit terrified that this is one of the ever-growing list of options unavailable for SharePoint Online accounts.








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire