mercredi 25 février 2015

What to Import from WSP to build Web Template solution in Visual Studio?



I'm trying to create a custom web template for SharePoint 2010. The client has already configured a prototype web site in SharePoint, which is essentially a standard blog site, with some modifications. The changes include:



  • edits to several list form pages (for example, hiding some objects inside security trimmed controls and pointing some forms to a custom master page)

  • adding one or more new master pages just for these sites


When I save the site as a template, and then import the WSP file into Visual Studio 2012, I'm asked which components to import. I only want the bare minimum imported - which items would they be? I suspect the "Web Template" is required, but would anything else be needed based on the changes I've mentioned?


Thanks kindly.








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire