jeudi 12 mars 2015

add items in column using a workflow



We have a new part-time Employee that only works 3 days a week. Usually, Mon, Wed, Fri. However, that can change. Right now he puts in his name, The date he worked and hours worked, plus line manager, and things he did that day.


I wanted to be able to grab his dates, hours worked every Friday and send it to his line manager. Who if approves will then get sent to HR/Payroll. If either the line manager or HR reject it, then I want to send it back to the employee to fix.


I have a calculated column that tells me the day of the week. I figure I would Wait until Day of the week equals Friday. I think when he enters his hours on say Mon and Wed the work flow will get triggered, but will wait until Friday's entry. (Well I just realized if he doesn't work on a Friday it will not get triggered. I'll have to figure out something else)


Anyway, How do I set up to show all of his days worked, hours, for the week and send it in an email. I know the send email part, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to loop through each item Mon through Friday looking for date worked and then total the hours. I'm not sure how to do this.


I'm thinking if Friday triggers this or something else, how do I get it to go back and grab hours from the previous days?


Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire