mardi 3 mars 2015

Moving SP from dev to production



So I am completely new to SharePoint (and SQL) and I have been tasked with creating a brand new intranet for our company where the dev and production areas were set up before I arrived.


I am currently at a stage where I want to migrate my development version to the production server and I am running into troubles. I have tried backing it up and restoring it (in a shared folder in the production sql server) to the new Sp server however it keeps on running into SQL exception errors on various items (wss_content, metadata, etc):


sqlexception : The operation did not proceed far enough to allow RESTART. Reissue the statement without the RESTART qualifier. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.


I believe this may be due to the fact that the dev server is a single server (sql and Sp on the same machine) while the production is split into two servers SQL, SP and that is causing the errors on restores.


My Question: Am I right or (as I have seen around the internet) that the above exception is thrown because of permission errors on the share folder? If I am right which db's do I need to move and how do I do so?


For the record I am using SP 2013, SQL 2013, all servers are windows server 2012. My SharePoint Site has so far been completely made through SP and SPD.








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire