mercredi 10 décembre 2014

Business Data Connectivity: error when saving External Content Type due to invalid assembly or codebase



I am trying to create an external content type that will be connected to a SOAP webservice using SharePoint Designer. To do this, I added a WCF Connection in the Operation Designer section with the following configuration:


WCF Connection creation dialog


The data source explorer shown the web methods available in the web service so I mapped each method with its specific operation (read list and read item).


External Content Type Operations


However I am getting the following error when I try to save the external content type:



An unexpected internal error occurred in the Business Data Connectivity Shared Service: The given assembly or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)



I've already tested a few things:




  • Creating a simple ASMX web service that mimicks the real one by giving the same operations. I could save it as an external content type with success, yet I still get the error when trying to use BDC with the original web service.




  • Connecting to the real web service using web references with C# managed code to test if it is not malformed; I managed to consume the web service through it without any problem.




  • Deleting the Business Data Connectivity service application and creating it again; didn't solve the problem.




Any idea about how to solve this issue?








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire