mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Different sets of options in a lookup or choice column depending on the content type



I have a list content type and other content types that derive from it. I need to add a lookup or choice column to the content type (or the list itself) just so that each child content type or list has separate set of options.


For example the parent content type is Assets. The content types deriving from it are Computers and Furniture. I need to add a column named "Asset_Type" that will list "Desktop, Laptop, Tablet" if the content type is Computer and it will list "Table, Chair, Desk" if the content type is Furniture.


I tried various scenarios with site columns but everytime ended up overwriting the parent column options and vice-versa. What should I be doing to make it work?








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire